Journey to the historic city of Eger to taste its world famous wines and wander its Baroque streets. The second largest city in northern Hungary, you will visit castles and minarets before enjoying wine, food and exquisite Hungarian hospitality.
Eger is one of the most beautiful baroque cities of Hungary only 1,5 hours’ drive from Budapest.
In the course of the walking city tour in Eger we visit the Basilica, Széchenyi main street with the impressivebaroque houses, Minaret (from the Turkish time),ruins of the Castle and Dobó István square with the Minorite Church.
We then drive you to the ‘Valley of the beautiful women” and wish to invite you for a fine wine-tasting of 5-6 different wines of the Eger wine region.
Taste traditional Hungarian food and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere of the winery!
After the program we will transfer you back to your hotel of Budapest.
- ca. 8 hours
- professional tour guide
- transportation in an air-conditioned high-standard vehicle
- walking ticket to the Castle of Eger or entrance fee to a museum of your choice
- visit of an atmospheric wine cellar
- tasting of 5-6 quality local wines
- cold snack (cheese, olives, cured meat)
- door-to-door service in Budapest